The business model aims to understand the mission, objectives and strategy of participating institutions in HIDS; identify areas where it is possible to cultivate synergies; and plan how to make cooperative actions between these institutions feasible. From cooperative actions, the model aims to generate positive externality for all HIDS participants, such as infrastructure development, legal facilities and a favourable environment for the main goal of HIDS: innovation and sustainability through education, technological and social development, and entrepreneurial actions.
In order to build a favorable environment for both companies and investments, the business model will be structured in five stages:
1) the development of a common vision on HIDS that is based on innovation and sustainability among all participating institutions;
2) the identification of areas in which cooperative actions between these institutions are encouraged and strengthened;
3) the planning of the necessary infrastructure and facilities;
4) the discussion about appropriate legislation with the municipal and state governments;
5) the search for HIDS funding.